Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spoken Word & Me(A Love Story)

Okay...okay..I admit I love you Spoken Word/Performance Poetry. There I said it. Are you happy now? I enjoy writing. I enjoy memorizing. I love performing though. There's nothing like a live crowd listening to your every word. Your thoughts & there thoughts on the same wavelength. Giving your heart & soul and leaving it out there for the people to enjoy...that's why I perform. I've heard a few people say well I write but I could never get up in front of people and do what you do. Why not? Make it personal, have fun while you are out there. Let the audience feel what you are feeling when you are creating your personal masterpiece to share with the world. A performer has to learn to let themselves go and not get caught up in..."OH IT WAS DONE LIKE THIS SO I HAVE TO FOLLOW UP & DO IT THE SAME WAY"....no you do it like you feel.....but let yourself become one with your performance....let your hair down in a manner of speaking....that's all I wanted to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment